( original handmade creations by Ni )
- I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
HEADBANDS WITH FLOWER APPLIQUE
These are of few of my headband craze :) I am trying to make lots of headbands in every color imaginable .... Any of the headbands can be embellished with appliques like the ones I have done here , left plain or a crocheted flower added to it . Any way you choose will compliment your wardrobe .
These headbands can easily be worked wider to turn them into nice ear warmers .
They are fun and add personality !
double crochet = DC
front post double crochet =FPDC
back post Double crochet = BPDC
I used a H hook w/redheart 4 ply yarn
1. Crochet a chain that measures about 6 inches bigger than you want the measurement to be .( if you need a 20`` headband , start with a 26 inch chain )
2. slip stich to make a ring being careful not to twist the chain .
3. chain 2 and make DC in next stich and every other chain stich around sl stich to join
4. chain 2 and do a *BPDC with the next 2 stiches together, FPDC with the next 2 stiches together. repeat from * till you reach then end sl stitch . tie end andweave the ends w/a needle or crochet hook
5. attach yarn on oposite side of headband that you just finished and chain 2 and do a *BPDC with the next 2 stiches together, FPDC with the next 2 stiches together. repeat from * till you reach then end sl stitch . tie end andweave the ends w/a needle or crochet hook.
You can add an applique or a flower to it , or just leave it as is .
PLEASE DO NOT SELL MY PATTERNS . YOU CAN LINK ANYONE TO THIS PAGE BUT DO NOT COPY THESE INSTRUCTIONS .YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY .