( original handmade creations by Ni )
- I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.
Friday, February 12, 2010
My sister Carmela`s COLLARED SHAWL
This is the back view, showing the collar
Yesterday I finished my sister Carmela`s shawl ... I decided to give her a collar to make it some what unique and warmer for her . I used 4 skeins to make this and used every inch of yarn ! :)I decided on Wool-Ease Worsted Weight , It is a Blend of Lamb`s Wool and Easy_Care Acrylic making it machine washable and dryable on cool setting .
Monday, February 8, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Red headband with large 3`` Red Flower
Light pink headband with a large 3`` white flower
peach headband w/large 3 ``peach flower
white headband w/hot pinkand white polka dot bow
Hot pink and green headbands with 2 `` daisy flowers
Arent these to cute ??? The bands have elastic in them so 1 size fits all from infant to adult ! They are 1 1/2 inch wide ... I attached the flower with hot glue onto an aligator clip so the headband can be worn with or without the flower ... you can wear the flower on its own !
I have listed them on my online store for 9.99 but for all my BLOG READERS only 4.99 each ! plus shipping just send an e`mail and be sure to mention you are my follower ! firstname.lastname@example.org
colors in stock ....
Red, Hot pink, Peach, White, Light pink , Green , Cream SOLD OUT ! , Black SOLD OUT !!
Disclaimer: The Flowers do have small parts that may be a choking hazard so please be sure to supervise any child under 3 yrs old at all times when wearing it.
I have made a few of these in A child size (sweaters and dresses ) , This is the first in a ladies size ...The hardest part was figuring out the amount of stitches I needed to convert from a child to an adult ., then figuring out where the arm holes would be ...I had to take apart the top section 3 times before I got it right ! What made it even harder was that the first child size one I made I had created in a very thin yarn , I then converted my pattern into the child thread pattern . On the original pattern I had a button closure in the back ,On a few I made them all opened in the front with a few buttons . On this pattern I omitted the button closure and made it very simple and elegant .
I am very happy with the results . I am hoping it will fit properly .